Tuesday, 15 September 2009 3:20 PM
South Melbourne FC (South Melbourne Hellas Soccer Club) is proud to announce the recent signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the State Government for the redevelopment of Bob Jane Stadium into the new State Athletics Centre and subsequent commercial and infrastructure arrangements.
The signing of the MOU represents the culmination of more than 18 months of negotiations.
The proposed re-development provides numerous benefits for the Club which include:
- A new long term Lease at the new stadium;
- Strong financial benefits;
- Retention and improvement of Social Club and office areas within the stadium;
- New facilities including a pavilion and grounds within the Albert Park precinct;
- The opportunity for the Club’s juniors, both boys and girls, to play at Albert Park
- Realising the Club’s aim of unifying its senior and junior team
- The opportunity to establish an unprecedented junior development program of the highest quality.
The club is implementing its “One Club” policy which will result in all Seniors, Juniors and Womens teams being united under a single entity.
Realising this vision has been one of the club’s main objectives in its discussions with government.
Further information will be provided to Members shortly.
Ground Redevelopment Images