Friday, 13 November 2009 12:20 PM
As of today the SMFC will be directly managing all of our club’s Junior players & coaches.
- The SMFC – Juniors will be the only entity recognised by the SMFC and approved to wear the club colours, jersey and emblem.
- All coaches have been appointed by Ange Dallas (SMFC Director of Football) and have signed the SMFC – Junior contracts which include:
- Performance Review mechanisms
- Responsibilities schedule
- Football Federation Victorian (FFV) Code of Conduct provisions
- Annual player written report processes
- Adherence to the new SMFC Curriculum
- SMFC Junior trials will be shortly announced in the SMFC web site. Expected to begin late Nov/Dec 09. Please check web site for details.
- SMFC – Junior teams will be selected by mid Dec 2009 for next season
- SMFC – Junior Registrations for season 2010 will be completed once teams are selected in December.
- SMFC – Junior Strips will be allocated in Feb 2010 at Bob Jane StadiumThe FFV’s ACE accreditation program (a Process Quality program) is soon to be completed by SMFC. This system together with other programs completed to date will further improve the manner in which all parts of the SMFC as a whole is managed and administered.
- SMFC has adopted the Football Federation Australia’s National Curriculum. A heavy emphasis in this curriculum is Junior Player Development and as such SMFC is launching a new SMFC – Junior program to develop our players and promote them through the ranks to senior SMFC representation, and beyond. SMFC will be focusing the greater part of its efforts on Junior Development.
The SMHSC board has adopted a ‘One Club’ policy and part of its implementation is that its junior teams will now be operated by SMFC. We’d like to thank the South Melbourne Junior Soccer Club (SMJSC) committee for all its endeavours over the last six years, many of whom will continue to be involved in our exciting new junior program.
In our 51st year, the club is entering a new phase of development both in the construction of new facilities at the Albert Park precinct and more importantly in the design and implementation of the new Junior program for all our teams (U7s – U21s). 2010 will be an exciting new year and earmarking the foundation process of many new initiatives in junior development.
An information night on the Junior Development program will be conducted shortly and we will advise you both by email and on the SMFC website for the scheduled date.
Ground Redevelopment Images