Saturday, 26 October 2013 10:17 PM
South Melbourne FC is excited to announce the next stage of its ambitious Youth Development Program.
Following the success of its first year with its association with the Fragata Academy in Brazil, its Under 18 side clinched the Victorian championship and both the Under12 and Under 17 sides losing in the State Championship Final, the club has reviewed the program seeking to improve and invest to attract the cream of young talented players.
Participants in the intensive SMFC Youth Development Program will be a part of the FFA youth development pathway.
As part of the changes to the Youth Development Program, players participating in the U16, U18, U20 age groups will train and play at no cost, with the Club waiving all training fees.
The following arrangements as part of the program will be offered for the 2014 season:
- three teams per age group in the sub-juniors.
- two teams per age groups in the U12, U13, U14, and U15 (Elite Team, Development Team).
- only one team in age groups in the U16, U18, and U20.
- Seeking to invest further resources into its Youth Development Program, strength and conditioning plus after game recovery will be
- introduced for age groups U16, U18, U20 which will be completed at AAMI Park.
South Melbourne FC has a proud tradition of producing over 50 Socceroo players and was instrumental in the creation of the first truly national football competition in the late 1970s. Its success in Australian football was recognised when it received the prestigious award Oceania Confederation Club of the Century.
To express your interest in reserving a place in the trial selection process, please contact Harry Gatsoulis at email@example.com
For all media enquiries, please contact Tom Kalas on (03) 9645 9797 or firstname.lastname@example.org